The Orlando Hotel and Restaurant Union, Local 737, has shared that Disney is calling workers back in waves on June 28th and July 5th.
- Local 737 Unite Here, the union representing Orlando hotel and restaurant employees, shared an update on their Facebook page that Disney World is calling back Cast Members in these fields on June 28th and July 5th.
- Per union agreements, Disney is calling Cast Members based on seniority to fill positions in each location.
- Disney will not be calling back every Cast Member from each location at this time as the parks and resorts are operating at reduced capacity.
- Cast Members who don’t receive a call will remain on furlough until a future wave of callbacks.
- Some of the locations bringing back Cast Members include resorts that won’t be available for guest bookings, but will be used as housing for the NBA teams playing at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex. Click here for more information.
- For a list of Resorts and announced restaurants reopening for Guest bookings, click here.
- The one anomaly on the list below is Disney’s Pop Century Resort, which is not listed as being used by the NBA and is also not available for Guests to book reservations at. It may be used for Cast Members working at NBA resorts so they don’t leave the “Bubble.”
The Following Locations Are Calling Cast Members Back:
NOTE: Names like “Stewards” and “Food Handlers” refer to a position and not a specific location while terms like “Outdoor Foods” refer to places like popcorn carts and food stands.